11/3/10

Harmonious Voice/Contest

"What Is It Then? I Will Pray With The Spirit, And I Will Pray With The Understanding Also: I Will Sing With The Spirit, And I Will Sing With The Understanding Also."
1 Corinthians 14:15


I had a different post planned today, the outline, pictures, song snippet and Scripture was already in place, all I had to do was put the words down, God had other plans.

I was outside enjoying a chilly afternoon, listening to the rain come down when a song popped in my head, not only was it in my head, I couldn't get it out, no matter what I tried to do.

My heart said to write about this artist, my head said no can do, as usual my heart wins.

Now I have written about my love of Creed, that is easy because I know what I am speaking of, and that comes from listening to them for years and years.

To write about something you don't know of, is a leap of Faith for me, so this is my opinion, my feelings and my thoughts on a new artist I have recently come across.


Christian music isn't new to me, I have listened to Michael W. Smith for well over 20 years, I know who DC Talk is and I love that the Newsboys are still around.

Certain people in the Christian genre stand out...

You have Matthew West, Jeremy Camp, Amy Grant, Kutless, Third Day, MercyMe, David Crowder Band etc...

Certain singers that have a voice seemingly blessed from above, with lyrics that can move you to tears.

Not every singer has this gift, yes, they can sing, yes, their lyrics are great, however I think in order to move someone to a certain degree, you have to have something exceptional within, that is projected out.


They write from the heart & they sing from the heart and it shows when you hear them...

To be able to make someone stop whatever it is they are doing and truly listen to what you are singing about is a gift, to move them to tears is just icing on the cake.

Tenth Avenue North, Matthew West, Michael W. Smith, MercyMe and Third Day all have this ability (yes, there are others however it would take me to long to list each of them).

It isn't every song, otherwise the people in the world (who listen to these artists) would be filled with a bunch of crying people, just certain songs...

It could be just a certain lyric that does it...

Have you ever just been sitting there, enjoying a song and the artist sings a line that takes your breath away and makes your eyes well up? That is what I am speaking about.

There is a line from Tenth Avenue North's song - "By Your Side" and it goes "Why are you still searching, as if I'm not enough"...

I don't care where I am, when I hear that line, my throat closes up and I get all teary-eyed, just because I can almost hear our Father saying these exact words to me.


I found this new artist by accident, never heard him singing on KLove, didn't know of him period, Praise God, I do now.

His name is Devin Williams, cute as a cookie, with the voice of an angel, a smile that I can just see lighting up a stadium of fans and a humbleness that permeates in every picture I found during my search.

I was lead to his FB page and was able to listen to some of his new music and all I can say is WOW.

All four songs on there are awesome, the one that took over my thoughts today was "You're The One".

His voice is deep, harmonious and beautiful...

His lyrics are powerful enough to bring me to tears, so in His time, I can see this artist right up there with Michael W. Smith...

Besides, is there anything more beautiful than to see a man openly worshipping God, singing His praises and doing His will?

I think not.


Christian music should be straight from the heart of the artist, written to capture your heart, almost like a intimate journey of music and lyrics poured straight down from Heaven.

Upon listening, you should be able to feel like you are in His presence, as well as starving for just a little bit more...

Devin does that with his music, from the first note captured to the very last one, you almost feel like it was written directly for you, sent straight from Above, at a time when you most need it.

I am grateful to have had the pleasure of listening to him and now I want all my readers to have the same chance...

Because Devin moved me and because He moves me daily, I am going to hold my first ever contest. :)

Go to his FB page, listen to each song snippet and come back and tell me which one you liked the most as well as why...

On November 15, I will randomly pick one winner for his CD "Pour It Out"...

Since I don't do contests, you tell me if you Tweet it, Blog about it or FB it and I will tally that for you as well, so that is what? 3 chances to win? (See why I don't do contests?)

Now, I am off to listen some more.

And to my naysayers, yes I had his permission to write this post so keep your emails to yourselves please.

Devin ~ (((Hugs))) God Bless You in all that you do... Don't stop singing.


DEVIN WILLIAMS
You're The One
You're The Dream
You Make My Life Complete
So I Lay It At Your Feet

2 comments:

  1. I came to your blog through PJ's community and when I read your post, I felt you were describing my husband! He wasn't always a Christian musician and goes back and forth because he has issues with the Lord. But the way you said the musician moves people to tears. The way the lyrics move them? People would be crying in our church when he sang. They would jump up and start waving their hands. My husband didn't know what to think. But when he wrote songs, I found him with tears in his own eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of him before, but I like his music. I can totally see "Into Your Hands" done as a human video at church! I really like "You're the one" though!

    jenndiggy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images