4/23/10

Rain...Rain...

"Yet He Has Not Left Himself Without Testimony: He Has Shown Kindness By Giving You Rain From Heaven And Crops In Their Seasons; He Provides You With Plenty Of Food And Fills Your Hearts With Joy"
Acts 14:17

It is raining outside...

As I sit and listen to it fall, I feel such peace...

I have the window open and can smell the rain...

I can feel a slight breeze blowing as well...

As I sit and listen, my mind wanders...

I can hear the thunder in the distance...

I can see flashes of lightening...

I am reminded of when I was growing up...

I was always told that the thunder is the angels bowling, lightening is the angels taking pictures and the rain is the angels crying...

Amazing what you can remember from so long ago...

Crying because of all the bad things going on in the world...

Crying for the people who are in pain...

Crying for all the heartbreak...

Crying for all the torment people suffer...

Crying so many tears that hit the earth...

The sound of rain is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard...

The smell is beautiful to me...

Rain is cleansing to the earth...

Falling from heaven...

It washes away the ugly for a few moments in time...

After a long rain everything looks new again...

The grass looks greener...

The flowers look bigger...

The trees look fuller...

The animals are happy...

To feel the rain on my face is refreshing...

To take a dash through the rain is wonderful to me...

To dance in the rain is thrilling...

It is healing...

No matter how hard or how soft it is falling, to me it is a form of therapy...

Just like a good cry...

Not a cry in anger...

Not a cry in physical pain...

Not a cry in frustration...

An emotional cleansing of your soul...

I have had a few of those within the past year...

You never know what will set it off...

It may not be anything huge...

Could just be a look, possibly a song, a scent from times past, a long lost memory...

Something along the journey will seep in and turn you inside out...

You think the tears will never end...

You think you will never get up off of the floor...

You think the storm will rage on and on...

You may think you will die with tears in your eyes...

Then you realize that just like the rain falling outside, the tears have subsided...

The storm is passing once again...

All that is left is the gentle rainfall...

You feel a little bit stronger with each tear you shed...

Just like the rain is sent from above...

Tears are also God's healing gift for you.

MERCYME
And I Know They'll Be Days
When This Life Brings Me Pain
But If That's What It Takes To Praise You
Jesus, Bring The Rain


12 comments:

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images