7/23/10

Holy Hatred

"To Everything There Is A Season, A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1

I read this Biblical verse this morning.

I went on to finish the entire passage, which in turn got me truly thinking.

Each sentence was just beautiful to me, perfectly written to get one thinking about the bigger things in life.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 covers everything we deal with in life from being born to dying and everything in between.

As I went on to read the passage one sentence caught my eye...

"A Time To Love, A Time To Hate"

And I paused and wondered if this was permission from Him to "hate".

I sat and pondered if I was now allowed to hate my husband as well as the other woman...

Did my Father just tell me it was ok to do so in this season?

The answer is of course no...

It is ok to hate what has happened, it is not ok to hate people.

The more I walk, the more I learn what He wants from us...

The more I walk, the more I learn what He wants from me...

To be a forgiving, compassionate, kind, loving woman for Him.

To not allow my circumstances to change me into a bitter shell of the person I used to be, but to allow it to change me into something magnificent.

To love what God loves and to hate what God hates.

What do you mean hate what God hates?

God doesn't hate anything we are taught, God is all about love.

If your love is not strong enough, you won't know what holy hatred is...

A "good" hatred so to speak.

A strong love produces a strong hatred, therefore is goes without saying a strong holy love produces a strong holy hatred.

In order to learn to love the truth, you have to learn to hate every false way.

You can't love the truth and love error at the same time...

There are always two sides to every story and here there is no exception.

I have always heard God is love, an all-knowing, all-consuming powerful force of nothing but goodness.

Yet I have been learning God hates as well.

The love/hate that God has is complimentary to one another not mutually exclusive.

People hate other people because they love themselves and self-love is extremely destructive.

The Bible states you can't serve two masters...

Either you serve Him or you serve yourself, period.

Holy hatred is a gift from Him such is holy love...

You see in order to turn your life over to Him completely, you need that holy hatred...

Don't believe me?

Watch how I weave it for you...

You will always be deceived until you have a holy hatred for ignorance.

You will always be bound until you have a holy hated for sin.

You will never be genuine until you have a holy hated for hypocrisy.

You have to have a holy hatred for evil in order to overcome it with good.

You will never be truthful until you have a holy hatred for lies.

You will never have complete compassion until you have a holy hatred for judgement.

You will never have complete kindness until you have a holy hatred for cruelty.

You will never surrender completely to God until you have a holy hatred of your own ways.

Now don't confuse "bad" hate with holy hate...

Bad hate is just that, bad.

Murder, war, slander, strife, racism etc...

These are examples of bad hate and are all a sin.

If our love for Him is strong enough, we will learn to hate everything that competes with Him.

Anything that tries to hinder our relationship with our Father, we will come to despise.

John 12:25 states "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

This means you now have to have a holy hatred for "self"...

Self-love, self-righteousness, self-will, self-preservation all leading to self-destruction.

Jesus is saying to us, if you love your life, you will lose it altogether...

And my friends, this isn't a bad thing...

Everything is set to give you a better life than you ever dreamed possible, the question is, are you willing to have holy hate for yourself in order to make all your dreams come true?

KUTLESS
You Are My Strong Tower
Fortress When I'm Weak
Your Name Is True And Holy
And Your Face Is All I Seek


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images