7/19/10

Come As You Are

"Watch And Pray So That You Will Not Fall Into Temptation. The Spirit Is Willing, But The Body Is Weak."
Matthew 26:41

Prayer brings us to Him...

Open hands, clasped hands, fingers enter twined, on your knees, standing up, kneeling all the way down etc...

It doesn't matter, what matters is that you do it.

Each and every day.

This is your source of direct & open communication with Him...

Honest prayer will bring you closer to Him, in the stillness of that moment, in the furthest reaches of your heart is where you will find Him.

Like a whisper on the wind.

When all hope seems lost, when you are sailing on the sea of utter despair, go to Him in prayer...

He will meet you there.

No matter where you are, He will come to you, if you cry out to Him.

Shattered, lost, hurt, scared, it doesn't matter to Him....

Come as you are...

Nothing is more beautiful to our Father than you coming to Him broken.

I sometimes lay awake at night, after my prayers just thinking...

I don't ask for too much when I pray, I ask for protectiveness over my family and friends...

I ask for help in forgiveness, I seek peace when I pray...

I stopped asking for my will a long time...

I have started just talking to Him within my mind recently, everyday...

Before it was here and there, now it is all day.

Sometimes my prayers get lengthy, sometimes I just seek His mercy...

Sometimes I just ask Him to lay with me because I am out of words, He sees my heart, He knows when I have had enough.

Sometimes I just sit and cry, knowing He is right there, crying along side of me...

He feels all of my pain, even the pain I haven't touched on yet.

He feels all of my sorrow, He knows when I am out of strength, He is the one who truly knows what is hurting me...

I can tell you I am well and all is ok, He knows different...

He knows every aspect of me and no matter how many times I say it, He never tires of hearing it...

He sees my confusion at what my life has become, He gives me clarity.

He sees how weak I feel day to day, He gives me His strength.

He sees the fight within myself to do the right thing, He gives me wisdom to know His will.

He can look inside me and see things I wouldn't even dare voice, yet He still loves me anyway.

Why?

Because I go to Him, just as I am.


DAVID CROWDER BAND
Lord I'm Tired, So Tired From Walking
And Lord I'm So Alone
And Lord The Dark Is Creeping In
Creeping Up, To Swallow Me
I Think I'll Stop
Rest Here A While

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images