5/15/10

Take That...Fear!

"For God Did Not Give Us A Spirit Of Timidity, But A Spirit Of Power, Of Love And Of Self-Discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7

I talk about fear a lot on here because I have been a fearful person and I am striving to overcome that regardless of what the fear may be...

With help from T and the wonderful world of technology...

I conquered dining out alone and not just at a deli anymore...

I conquered going to the movies by myself and sitting in the center of the theater with people behind me...

I am getting better in the grocery store when there are customers behind me, I now no longer let them go ahead of me just so they aren't standing behind me.

I have been taking some time off from work just to spend time with myself...

Doing what I want to do...

It may be spending 3 hours in the bookstore, however the point is it is for me.

And I am finally enjoying it...

Walking into a place alone no longer sets off a panic attack...

There are still things I want to conquer...

I would love to be able to stand up for myself with no guilt...

I want to speak my mind to the wrong-doings I see around me without fear of making someone angry or worrying if they won't like me anymore...

I want to be able to go on a vacation by myself however fear hinders all these things...

Until the email came...

10 years in the making and I still haven't seen them in person...

They are coming to Atlanta in August...

I bought my ticket today, a single solitary ticket to see Creed, finally.

A weekend in Georgia, alone...

No one is coming along with me and while it scared me to hit that purchase button, I was able to conquer this with a boatload of help from someone very dear to me...

I am doing it G!

CREED
It's Funny How Times Can Change
Rearrange And Distance Makes The Pain Fade Away
So Important Then, Doesn't Matter Now, Both Feet On The Ground
Come Full Circle, We've Come Full Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images