5/14/10

The Fire That Burns Within

"But If I Say, "I Will Not Mention Him Or Speak Any More In His Name," His Word Is In My Heart Like A Fire, A Fire Shut Up In My Bones. I Am Weary Of Holding It In; Indeed I Cannot."
Jeremiah 20:9

The seeds were planted many years ago...

Every Sunday my siblings and I were put on a Sunday School bus...

I don't have much memory of it, however I do remember going...

Because I didn't follow through as I got older, the seeds weren't allowed to grow.

I didn't darken a Church door for over 20 years...

Not for services anyway...

Weddings, funerals, peace yes....

Church service, I am sad to say, no.

Until a year ago...

I walked into the Church and knew I was home...

He guided me there for a reason and the seeds that were dormant for so long took hold...

Like ice water for a person in Hell.

This past year, the seeds have grown into a flame...

This morning the flame took over...

A flame of love, one I can't contain...

I want to give a piece of it to each person I come in contact with.

I bounded out of bed and for the first time in months, I looked forward to what today held for me.

I danced through the grocery store...

I tried to repair a mistake I made with a friend...

I smiled so big my cheeks hurt...

I could feel the joy overflowing from within.

I want to hug people, be hugged back and I don't like people touching me...

I want to take each of them by the hands and tell them "You will be ok"...

Not only will you be ok, you will shine!

He will take care of it all.

My Father will do just as He promised...

He will turn your sorrow into joy...

He will turn your hate into unconditional love...

He will turn your anger into peace...

The pain is still there, the unshed tears are still there, there is still anger however none of it is "white-hot" anymore.

I woke up this morning and I knew I was going to be better then ok...

I don't have the war raging inside me right now...

I asked a friend last night, "How do I know if what I am doing is God's will?"

He responded with, "If you are happy then you are doing what He wants you to do."

I am so happy I can't sit still, I want to go to to the top of the mountain and scream as loud as I can - I am wonderful people...

I am going to not only survive, I WILL thrive.

THIRD DAY
Sometimes I Think Of Where It Is I've Come From
And The Things I've Left Behind
But Of All I've Had, What I Possessed
Nothing Can Quite Compare
With What's In Front Of Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images