5/12/10

Soaring Over The Storm

"When You Pass Through The Waters, I Will Be With You; And When You Pass Through The Rivers, They Will Not Sweep Over You. When You Walk Through The Fire, You Will Not Be Burned; The Flames Will Not Set You Ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2

The only way to weather the storms of life is through prayer and faith.

It is stated in the Bible that we all will have storms throughout our lives - All of us.

There is no way to avoid the rain.

What you need to know is that the pain will not last forever.

It may feel like it as the storm rages on...

There will be days you don't want to get out of bed...

You won't want to face life because you are scared of what the day may hold for you...

I lived this way for over a year...

During my darkest hours, I prayed for His mercy upon me...

During my weakest times, I prayed for His strength to face one more day...

During my moments of lost hope, I prayed for His guidance...

Even when I could no longer feel Him near me, I still prayed because I knew He was close by...

There have been times this past year when I felt so alone, I could barely breathe...

I cried out to Him to please show me a sign...

Please show me I was not forsaken...

I have felt like a lost little girl and no matter how much I sought Him, I couldn't find Him...

My Father, all around me, holding me, keeping me safe while everything crashed down around me...

So far, yet so very close...

He knows my pain...

He knows my fears and my doubts and my worries and loves me just the same...

He knows my anger towards Him even though it is misplaced...

He knows what I wanted, however it wasn't what He wanted for me...

He wants more for me then I want for myself...

He wants gold for me, when I am willing to settle for silver...

He wants happiness and joy for me, when I am willing to settle with contentment...

He wants respect and complete love for me, when I am willing to settle for being a doormat...

He wants inner peace where there is turmoil...

He wants calm where there is conflict...

For so long I thought I was unloved, unwanted, disposable...

I could see the sun, yet couldn't feel it warming my skin...

I could see His beautiful works all around me, yet didn't appreciate them...

All because I didn't feel as if He was standing there for me to lean upon...

He doesn't want me to just lean...

He wants me to fly...

He gave me wings so long ago that haven't even been tested...

Wings to soar above the storms in my life.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post...and I needed it today thank you...

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images