4/15/10

A Treasure Of The Heart

"A Faithful Friend Is A Strong Defense: And He That Hath Found Him, Hath Found A Treasure."

"Be At Peace With Many, But Let One Of A Thousand Be Thy Counsellor"

I have been trying to write this post for 2 days however I have had a lot of trouble...

I couldn't come up with the title...

The pictures were posted, however the words were a jumbled mess within my head...

I knew what I wanted to talk about, however something different was laid upon my heart...

My original post was going to be about loyalty...

He had a different idea for me to write about that will also tie into the original subject.

Out of everything within a human being, loyalty is something I feel the strongest about...

I don't demand respect...

I don't demand integrity...

I don't demand trust...

Loyalty though is different for me...

I don't just demand it, I expect it...

I don't place a lot of faith in people anymore, which understandable at the moment in time...

I have lost my ability to blindly trust people...

I don't want to say never, however it will be a very long time before I ever let anyone as close to me as I did to the people who have hurt me.

I don't want to be like that though and He knows this...

Because I was veering towards bitterness and resentment, He placed another person in my path...

One who is stubborn as an ox...

One who will not tolerate a pity party from me...

One who refuses to listen to me tear myself down...

One who has somehow worked their way into my life, past the barriers I have so very carefully erected.

One who tears down every wall I try to build...

One who listens day in and day out...

One who doesn't even have to speak, yet I know they are sitting right there, just a keystroke away if needed...

A friend unlike any other I have ever had before...

I don't use that term "friend" with everyone I meet...

There have been some amazing people I have met on my journey and some of them I will call friend until my last breath...

A very select few are a little bit more then that...

This one though is different...

I can almost picture Him sitting up there on His throne thinking who do I send to her next?

How about someone who will make her listen regardless of how painful the words are?

I have had some come in for a short time and I have had friends I have known for years...

I have had some give and I have had some take...

I treasure each and every one of them.

I believe each person is placed in your life at just the right time for just the right purpose...

I believe the purpose of some is done quicker then others which is why some friendships last a shorter time then others...

No matter how short the friendship is, that person still leaves something behind with you...

If you are lucky to have life long friends then there will be more left behind...

No matter what I have been through in my life, friends have always played an important role..

He has blessed me beyond measure with some wonderful people...

Their gifts in my life have helped me overcome an awful lot this past year...

I have been shown how to love unconditionally...

I have been shown never-ending patience...

I have had some really great laughs...

I have had some really great cries...

I have been burned by a couple and that is ok as well because I still learn from that...

The one I am learning the most from lives halfway around the world...

6 months older then me and fiercely protective in a way no one has ever been...

There in the morning with a message pertaining to the day ahead...

There at night wishing me blessings and peace...

There during the day making sure I am ok...

He knows my deepest fears as well as my darkest secrets...

He is kind and caring and compassionate though he wouldn't want you to know that...

He is brutally honest almost to a fault yet at the same time will apologize sincerely for hurting you...

So what has he taught me?

Where would I start?

How about with a smile or a laugh? - Something he aims for everyday...

Tears? Absolutely because he makes me face everything head-on...

Strength? If I run low, he sends some my way...

Faith? He helps me grow mine with different verses just when I need them...

Hope? He shows me where to look for it...

No judging - No matter what I say...

He found a way in when I was shutting everyone out...

Funny - He will say I did the same...

M,

You are a wonderful person...

I am honored to know you and humbled to be called your friend...

You have my utmost respect as well as my trust...

You make me laugh, you make me cry...

You make me take a very hard look at myself and then want to be a better person based on what others see...

24 hours ago one simple sentence uttered knocked me on my behind and you stayed right there and wouldn't allow me to stay down...

Thank you for picking me back up...

Thank you for your loyalty...

You make me want to fight even harder for what I want...

I want you to know that not a day passes that I don't say a prayer over you & a prayer of thanks for you...

Had I known you 20 years ago we may have killed one another however as I get older, I know what to look for and you my friend... Are a treasure of the heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images