4/1/10

David & Goliath

"The Bows Of The Warriors Are Broken, But Those That Stumble Are Armed With Strength."
1 Samuel 2:4


I had a homework assignment to do, given to me by my big brother....

Make a list of what I have learned this past year...

I got stuck on number 3 lol...

I received some help from him and was able to actually see how others view me in their eyes...

It took me almost 2 hours to write out 21 things I have learned....

I kept coming back to the story of David & Goliath throughout the process...

As the story goes, David volunteered to fight the Giant...

All he carried was his Sheppard's' staff, a slingshot and a pouch of stones.

The Giant came against David with sword, spear and javelin....

David came against the Giant in the name of the Lord...

One stone was shot to bring the Giant down, David then took the Giants' sword, killed him, then cut his head off.

To all, the Giant seemed invincible...

So how does that parlay into my homework?

I woke up early this morning, sat outside drinking my coffee, watching the sun continue its rise, when a voice inside me spoke...

You see all along I thought everything being put on my plate was the "Giant" and I was "David" yet I couldn't figure out how to defeat the "Giant"...

The voice within me this morning informed me that the situation wasn't the Giant...

"You are David" I heard the voice say....

"You are also the Giant" was the next thing I heard...

G tells me my mind is my own worst enemy and today I realized...

My mind, my thoughts, the way I react - That is the "Giant"...

In order to defeat the "Giant", I have to conquer my own fears, my own doubts, my own worries and realize that I can only accept me for who I am...

I have to accept my past, forgive myself and move forward....

Until I can do that, I will never be able to defeat my own "Giant".

The David in me will defeat the Goliath in me.


CASTING CROWNS
But The Giant's Calling Out
My Name And He Laughs At Me
Reminding Me Of All The Times
I've Tried Before And Failed
The Giant Keeps On Telling Me
Time And Time Again
"Boy You'll Never Win,
You'll Never Win."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images