8/6/10

Guilty Pleasures

"He Seldom Reflects On The Days Of His Life, Because God Keeps Him Occupied With Gladness Of Heart."
Ecclesiastes 5:20

I got an email requesting I list some of my favorite guilty pleasures...

I thought this would be a nice break from some of the thinking I have been doing lately.

I will start with my number one guilty pleasure...

"America's Team" - The Dallas Cowboys...

I have been a fan for as long as I can remember, I never miss a game and will root for them no matter how badly they are losing.

I am not a fan of the owner, I have seen him almost single handedly destroy the team and as a fan it is hard to watch at times....

I am not a fan of our quarterback, he seems to want the spotlight of the rag magazines more than he truly wants to play football and like one of the quarterbacks around here (no names mentioned, however he is now going to be playing for the Denver Broncos this year), I find him highly overrated.

You should have known you would see this picture somewhere in this post.

Creed...

My all-time favorite band.

I know the lyrics to every single song they have ever recorded and in 22 days, I will finally see them live...

No matter what people say about them or the bad press they receive, I personally find them to be one of the greatest bands ever formed.

And yes, when they broke up a few years ago, I did shed some tears.

When they got back together, I shed even more and I knew I would finally be able to somehow, someway see them together on stage and I am looking forward to that night that isn't so far off anymore.

Don't adjust your monitor, that is indeed the cast of "Jersey Shore"...

Yes I watch each and every single episode, I even DVR it if I am not home to catch it...

I am almost embarrassed to say I even watch it...

I know they get some pretty bad press and really there is no substance to it, however if you sit down and watch one episode, you are completely hooked...

I will also now admit that "Snooki" is my favorite character...

The girl cracks me up...

It is like watching a trainwreck in super slow motion.

Two of the best flavors ever invented...

Chocolate and mint.

Whoever thought to combine them should get the Nobel Peace Prize IMO.

I have tried store brand versions of it, however nothing beats Baskin Robbins for the best mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Which is also a good thing for my diet since we don't have one very near to our house.

Books, lots and lots of books...

I own more books then any one person should have...

The bookstore is one of my favorite places to hang out.

I love a brand new book that hasn't had the binding broke on it yet, I love the feel and the smell of it as well.

I will read just about anything I can get my hands on...

I am never reading just one book at a time and always carry two in my purse with me since you never know when you will be hung up somewhere.

This was a toss up...

Between Bath and Body Works, Starbucks and Yankee Candle Company...

I went with the candle company...

I very rarely buy their big candles however I can spend some serious dough on their tarts...

When my stuff isn't living in a warehouse, I have 6 tart burners and would always burn a different scent in each room.

One of the many things I can't wait to do once I get a place of my own.

Dancing or skipping in a rain shower...

Need I say any more than that?

I did it this morning as I was leaving the grocery store.

We had a nice downpour, I kicked off my flip-flops and skipped through the puddles to the car .

Why wait for the rain to stop when you have the opportunity to enjoy what He is presenting to you?


CHRIS TOMLIN
You Set My Feet To Dancing
You Set My Heart On Fire
In The Presence Of A Thousand Kings
You Are My One Desire


1 comment:

  1. You have a new follower! http://debrasdailydialogue.wordpress.com and http://www.thearchiestd.com
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images