3/6/10

A Gift...

The Lord Gives Strength To His People; The Lord Blesses His People With Peace.
Psalm 29:11


A gift from God can be determined in how you look at it...

The leaves changing in the fall...

The smile on your child's' face...

A little extra money that month...

Blueberry pancakes, puppy dogs & ice cream...

A full moon on a clear night...

A smile from a stranger...

A perfect white rose...

The smell of baking bread...

These are all gifts you can see & touch...


What about the gifts you can only feel?

Heartache, pain, turmoil, confusion, fear, anger, worry and doubt...

These aren't gifts from Him...

These are designed to bring you down and keep you down...

I have been down for so long...

I have had good days and awful days where I didn't want to even take a breath...

I didn't want to get out of bed for fear of what the day had in store...

I didn't want to go through my life scared...

I wanted to be me...

I wanted to be accepted for me...

No masks, no games.



Over the many months that have past, some things inside me have changed...

Questions have been swirling that I haven't voiced...

Confusion has played a major part of my thinking...

What does He want me to do?

What do I want to do?

Who am I?

The people around me have always defined me...Mom, wife, daughter, aunt, sister...

However I couldn't find "me"

Until recently...

The changes that are happening within me are captivating and glorious...

I am finding happiness...

I am finding peace...

I am finding acceptance...

I am finding me again and I am starting to like what I see...

The feelings are so new to me...

Exhilarating...

I feel like I am 20 years old again...

I want to skip down the street...

I want to dance in the rain...

I want to live again and He has given me that...

My most precious gift...Me - Whole again.

MATT MAHER
Broke Through My Deafness
Now I'm Breathing In And Breathing Out
I'm Alive Again
You Shattered My Darkness

1 comment:

  1. Blueberry pancakes, puppy dogs & ice cream... and hoodies :)

    Yay! Unconditional love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images