10/27/10

Trust Or Trust In?

"Trust In The Lord With All Your Heart And Lean Not On Your Own Understanding; In All Your Ways Acknowledge Him, And He Will Make Your Paths Straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust is defined as an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength or truth of someone or something.

I have blogged about this topic before and will continue to do so as long as I am moved to write about it.

We all trust, some more deeply than others, yet we still trust.

Did you know you are only supposed to trust in Him?

Not yourself, not your spouse, not your friends, not your families etc...

Did you know there is a difference in trusting vs trusting in?


I have trust issues, I am not going to lie, most of the people I know who are in or have been in my situation feel the same way.

My mistake was trusting in my husband when I should have placed my trust in Him.

That wasn't my first mistake, I have a very long list of them.

Instead of choosing to trust, I chose to trust in, I thought I was untouchable, my life was just about perfect, I had very few complaints, I had a husband I loved, kids I adored, a house I loved, a job, a car, security etc...

And I am ashamed to say, I didn't always stop and just say "thank you."

So, what happens?

You should all know the story by now, I lost almost everything.

He didn't make it happen, He allowed it to happen, there is a huge difference.

He could have stopped everything at any point in time, yet He chose not to, so I in turn trust in Him and what He has planned for my life.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


I used to blame Him for everything, I would think to myself "Why would you let this happen?" Because in my way of thinking, He has the power to end all evilness on this Earth, the power to restore families, the power to heal the sick, the power to not allow anyone to be cold or go hungry etc...

Why not use that power to make the world a better place?

Then I learned about free will.

We have a choice in each and everything we do, we have free will from Him and the choices we make fall on our shoulders, not His.

Of course He wants you to make the correct choices, yet He isn't going to force His will on you, it is there for the taking, you have to choose to follow it.

I don't think most people choose to be homeless, nor sick, nor divorced, nor abused etc... I think extenuating circumstances places people in situations they didn't want to be in, yet they don't quite know how to get out of.

Those are some of the people you should be bridging the gap with, the ones who are lost in the darkness and can't find their way out, He trusts in you to help take care of His children.


I can't see around the bend in the road ahead, He can however, He knows exactly what is in store for me on any given day I am thankful enough to be woken up.

Trusting in others, trusting in yourself isn't going to get you very far.

It is tainted by "man", by sin...

To place your trust in anyone other than Him will bring about failure in the long run.

Spouses can fail, marriages can fail, friends can fail, jobs can fail etc...

He can't fail, ever.

He has already conquered the world.

In order to walk on the water, you have to step out of the boat, in order to step out of the boat, you have to place your trust in Him.


CASTING CROWNS
To Know You Is To Hear Your Voice When You Are Calling
To Know You Is to Catch My Brother When He Is Falling
To Know You Is to Feel The Pain Of The Broken Hearted
Cause They Can't Live Without You.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Taking The Time To Leave A Little Piece Of Yourself With Me!

©

2009-2015 Serenity ~



All Rights Reserved By Their Respective Copyright Holders



All Pictures (unless otherwise noted) Are Used Via Google Images